How to Get Approved for Your First Chase Card
There is an easy way to get approved for any chase card. In this video I show you how to get approved for your first chase card
1.Common reasons for rejection
– Chase 5-24 Rule
– Chase will not approve applications for certain credit cards if the applicant has already opened 5 (or more) credit card accounts in the last 24 months.
– Age of Your Credit File
– Don’t apply for chase cards until you have had credit for at least 9 months…start with a secured card or unsecured card from a different company, can also be added as authorized user on someone account.
– Credit Score Requirement
– Have a credit score of 680 or higher. People have reported being accepted with lower score and rejected with higher score so this isn’t a deal breaker either way.
2. How to improve chances
– Having either checking or saving account with chase sometimes helps
– First check to see if you have a prequalified approval. This will make it much easier to apply if you do
– Credit score of 680+
– Age of your credit history, make sure to have a card for at least 9 months
– Choose the right card, chase freedom/unlimited
– Chase Freedom gives you 5% cash back on different categories
– Chase Freedom Unlimited gives you 1.5% on everything
3. What to do if rejected
– Whenever I’ve been denied or my application went to “pending” I called Chase and had a nice conversation.
– Chase reconsideration number 1-888-270-2127
– I’m a good Chase customer. I pay all bills on-time and in full. I have a Chase bank account savings/checking. I have a reason for wanting the new credit card. Just talk about the benefits of the card you like.
– Rejected for all cards…wait 3-6 months and apply again
If you are planning on signing up for the Chase Freedom/Freedom Unlimited consider using this link
(this is an affiliate link)